Today while deploying reports on a client’s server I came across this error on two reports:
The report definition is not valid. Details: The report definition has an invalid target namespace ‘http://schemas.microsoft.com/sqlserver/reporting/2010/01/reportdefinition’ which cannot be upgraded. (rsInvalidReportDefinition)
I tried a few tricks with no results, then I found a blog with the solution.
Replace report tags
Remove the and tags from the report. Note, remove the tags only. Leave all content inside the tag. Don’t forget to remove the closing tags for each of these.
Save the report. You should now be able to upload it.
Posted byRick Arthur